1967 AC Shelby Cobra 427 *Excellent Condition**Leasing*
ONE OF A KIND COBRA!!
1967 AC Cobra!! **Contemporary Classic Restoration**
FRESHLY SERVICED 427 MOTOR, 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION, BEAUTIFUL RED PAINT, SUPPLE BLACK LEATHER, AND MORE!!
- FULLY BUILT BY: CONTEMPORARY CLASSIC MOTOR CAR COMPANY
- CCX VIN (REAL VIN IS CCS), AUTHORIZED BY FORD.
- BUILD WAS COMPLETE IN THE EARLY 1980’S.
A Little History Of Contemporary Classics
• The 1st car was built in March of ‘79
• Your interpretation of the chassis numbering system is correct; taking that further, if the number was 062482-2; it would have been the 2nd frame built on that date.
• In the fall of ’83 when the 3rd generation of body molds went into production, we switched over to the CCX numbering system which has no date tie ins. The CCX-3 Series were the 427 SC cars, the CCX-4 were the Daytona coupes and as best I can recall the 289 FIA cars were either CCX-2 or CCX -5 series cars.
• Contemporary Classics was sold to the Burtis family in Oct. ’96.
• Since all of the company records were destroyed when Burtis went “Belly Up” in 1999, I can’t tell you for certain how many kits were produced, but I’d estimate that the Contemporary’s total production was somewhere between 1,400 and 1,500 kits.
• If you are talking about the inspiration for the numbering system rather than the company, the CSX letters used in the serial numbers of the original cars stood for Carroll Shelby Export, staying with that same concept, CCX stood for Contemporary Classic Export.
• CSX3045 was the basis for our molds.
Contemporary Classic Cobras are considered among the most accurate reproductions produced, with the molds being made directly from an original 427 S/C Cobra, CSX 3045. Contemporary Cobras are made complete with correctly shaped and flared rear fenders, and provisions for a 3½-in. Le Mans fuel filler cap. Inner panels including front fender wells, floor pans, foot box assembly, and trunk liner are double bonded to the body shell in a close tolerance assembly fixture which rendered proper alignment of all inner panels within the one-piece body shell.
The body, complete with inner panels, is in effect a robust monocoque unit, as opposed to a traditional kit car with its inner panels pop riveted to the body shell. An important Contemporary exclusive is tubular steel substructure hoops with full tubular steel tube frames that have been bonded into the hood, door, and trunk openings, the rear lip of the driver/passenger compartment, and the leading edge of the cowl. The Contemporary 4-in. OD by 1/8-in. round tube chassis is based on the original, but increased wall thickness reduces the flex inherent in the original AC-built chassis. It combines rigidity superior to the cut and weld rectangular tube frames commonly used by replica manufactures, while simultaneously providing lower mass and lighter weight, and of course, is in keeping with the design and specifications of the original car. The round tube chassis is not only more authentic but more rigid and stronger which results in better handling and driving performance.
Financing is available for EVERYONE, Good/Bad or NO Credit: Students, Contractors, Real Estate Agents, Truck/Uber/Taxi drivers, Business Owners and MORE! **O.A.C.**
All vehicles come CERTIFIED with a multipoint SAFETY inspection performed by our licensed mechanics to ensure the safety of our customers and condition of the vehicles that leave our lot (unless stated otherwise). Upon delivery your vehicle will come fully detailed by our professional detailers with high end products to ensure proper cleanliness of your new vehicle. All paperwork and final details will be dealt with upon pick up of your vehicle. We look forward to doing business with you soon!
*All prices are plus HST & Licensing*
Auto View is located at 590 South Service Road Stoney Creek, only minutes off the QEW Exit 83 Fruitland Road!
Contact us VIA email, call, or text!
- 18,346 km
- Coupe (2 door)